SC1 - Fibres, Fibre Devices and Fibre Amplifiers
- Rene-Jean Essiambre Nokia Bell Labs, USA
Paper title "Nonlinear interactions in fibres supporting multiples spatial modes"
- Ming Jun Li Corning, USA
Paper title "New development trend in optical fibres for data centers"
- Nicolas Joly University of Erlangen, Germany
Paper title "Generation of non-classical states of light using photonics crystal fibres"
- Masaki Wada NTT Access Network Service Systems Laboratories, Japan
Paper title "Recent progress on SDM amplifiers"
- Joseph Kahn Stanford University, USA
Paper title "Modeling and tracking dynamic mode coupling in MDM systems
SC2 - Integrated Optoelectronic Devices and Optical Processors
- Joe Campbell University of Virginia, USA
Paper title "Progress in high speed photodetectors"
- Mitsuru Takenaka The University of Tokyo, Japan
Paper title "III-V/Si hybrid MOS optical phase modulator for Si photonic integrated circuits"
- Christian Koos Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
Paper title "Photonic wire bonding and additive 3D nanofabrication - from lab demonstrations to production”
- Paolo Pintus University of California, Santa Barbara, USA
Paper title "Integrated optical isolator and circulator in silicon photonics"
- Michal Lipson Columbia University, USA
title "Silicon photonic integration for future generation optical network"
SC3 - Digital Signal Handling Techniques for Optical Communication Systems
- Timo Pfau Acacia, USA
Paper title "High performance coherent ASIC"
- Vivian Chen Xi Nokia Bell Labs, USA
Paper title "Self-coherent receivers for short-reach transmission"
- Laurent Schmalen Nokia Bell Labs, Germany
Paper title "Performance metrics for forward error correction in fiber-optic communication systems"
- Tsuyoshi Yoshida Mitsubishi Electric Technologies, Japan
Paper title "Toward implementation of probabilistic constellation shaping"
- Amirhossein Ghazisaeidi Nokia Bell Labs, France
title "Fundamental limits of zero-forcing nonlinear equalization in fiber optic coherent systems"
SC4 - Point-to-Point Optical Transmission Systems, Subsystems and Technologies
- Greg Raybon Nokia Bell Labs, USA
Paper title "High Symbol Rate Optical Transmission Systems"
- Jeremie Renaudier Nokia Bell Labs, France
Paper title "100nm ultra-wideband optical fiber transmission systems using semiconductor optical amplifiers"
- Alex Alvarado Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
Paper title "Achievable Information Rate Losses for High Order Modulation and Hard-Decision Forward Error Correction"
- Hussam Batshon TE SubCom, USA
Paper title "Merits of coded modulation with probabilistic and geometrical shaping"
- Asuka Matsushita NTT Network Innovation Laboratories, Japan
Paper title "Transmission Technologies beyond 400-Gbps/carrier Employing High-order Modulation Formats’"
SC5 - Photonic and Microwave Photonics Subsystems
- Andreas Stöhr University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
Paper title "Seamless Switching in a Multi RAT (WiFi/LTE/60GHz 5G) Mobile Network enabled by Radio-over-Fiber (RoF) Fronthaul and Mobile IP"
- Peter Bienstman IMEC - Ghent University , Belgium
Paper title "Silicon photonics neuromorphic computing and its application to telecommunications"
- Tetsuya Kawanishi Waseda University, Japan
Paper title "THz communications enabled by photonics"
- Victor Torres-Company Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
Paper title "Laser frequency combs for coherent optical communications"
- Pavel Cheben National Reserach Council, Canada
Paper title "Subwavelength photonic waveguide devices"
SC6 - Datacentre and Computercom Networks
- Paraskevas Bakopoulos Mellanox Technologies Ltd, USA Paper title "Scaling optical interconnects beyond 400 Gb/s"
- Michael W. Haney Advanced Research Projects Agency - Energy, U. S. Department of Energy, USA Paper title "The ARPA-E ENLITENED Program: Making Datacenters More Efficient Through Integrated Photonics"
- Mike Larson Lumentum, USA Paper title "InP vs. Si Photonic Integration Platforms for Datacenter Optical Links"
- Mirco Scaffardi CNIT, Italy Paper title "The orbital angular momentum of light for next generation optical switches"
- Tsuyoshi Aoki PETRA Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd, Japan Paper title "On-Package High-Density Silicon Photonics Optical Transceiver"
SC7 - Core, Metro, and Convergent Networks
- Dave Brown Optical Internetworking Forum (OIF), USA
Paper title "Can FlexE deliver on promises for programmable and dynamic optical networking?"
- Shoichiro Oda Fujitsu Limited, Japan
Paper title "Innovative optical networking by optical perforamnce monitoring and learning process"
- Nihel Benzaoui Nokia Bell Labs, France
Paper title "Challenges and solutions for end-to-end time-sensitive optical networking"
- Paolo Monti KTH, Sweden
Paper title "Resource orchestration meets big data analytics: the dynamic slicing use case"
- Qunbi Zhuge Ciena, Canada
Paper title "Commercial application of machine learning in optical networks"
SC8 - 5G, Access, Local Area and Indoor Networks
- Graham Reed University of Southampton, UK Paper title "Co-design of electronics and photonics components for Silicon Photonics transmitters"
- Keisuke Matsuda Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Japan title "Hardware-efficient signal processing technologies for coherent PON systems"
- Takahiro Suzuki NTT Access Network Service System Labs, Japan Paper title "Software Implementation of PON Physical-Layer Processing for Fully Software-Defined Optical Access Systems"
- Spiros Mikroulis Huawei Technologies, China Paper title "CPRI for 5G Cloud RAN? – Efficient implementations enabling massive MIMO Deployment – challenges and perspectives"
- Lilin Yi Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China Paper title "100Gb/s/λ IM-DD PON using 20G-class optical devices enabled by machine learning"